USE THESE 10 TIPS TO KEEP UNWANTED CALORIES OUT OF YOUR DIET WHEN EATING OUT
Eating out is no longer just for special occasions. For many, eating in restaurants is a means to survival. But with it come all those extra calories from larger portions, hidden ingredients and menu temptations that can wreak havoc on any diet.
If you are trying to control your weight, you’ve got to control those extra calories when eating out. This doesn’t mean you should only order broiled fish and undressed salad. To control unwanted calories you’ve got to control the situation.
Here are 10 Tips for Calorie Control When Eating Out that put you in charge.
- Choose wisely when deciding where to eat so you know in advance what’s on the menu.
- Decide what you want to eat before looking at the menu to avoid being distracted by tempting choices.
- Don’t arrive famished, it’s much harder to resist temptation.
- Refuse the complementary bread, tortillas or fried noodles if offered.
- Don’t be shy. Ask how things are prepared and request what you want – you’re paying the bill.
- Skip the shared appetizers and just pass them along if they weren’t what you ordered.
- Listen to your stomach. When you start to feel satisfied, STOP eating and pack up the unfinished food for another meal.
- Beware of the effects of alcohol. Cocktails contain calories AND impair your judgment about how much you’re eating.
- Fit the meal into your day by making adjustments at other meals so you have room for some of the extras calories.
- Remember, there is always tomorrow. When everything just looks too good to pass by, plan a return visit for another meal.
How will you be controlling calories on your next meal out?