Welcome fellow food explorers
We all have a personal relationship with food. At the most basic level it hinges on the strength of our ability to differentiate the tastes that cross our palates when a food or drink is in our mouths. This trait is so intrinsic that from the moment of birth we can all express whether we like the taste of something or not.
Over time, many other factors can and do influence our food preferences and our relationship with food.
As a registered dietitian and cultural anthropologist I am intrigued by the universal and unique ways food defines us and we define it. This interest is at the core of my professional relationship with food and the purpose of this blog: To explore what we eat, and why.
I hope you will subscribe and join me as I share my insights in this adventure in eating for the uninhibited.
- Addressing the Fiber Gap February 15, 2019
- Blending More Fiber into Meals January 28, 2019
- Finding Fiber in the Grocery Store December 27, 2018
- Finding More Fiber-Rich Foods When Eating Out December 19, 2018
- Nonnutritive Sweeteners and Cancer: Evaluating the Evidence September 19, 2017